Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Think pink


It’s been a long time since the last time I wrote. I’ve exposed my blog page to the ultimate neglect. :)

However, I have an excuse… Actually I have a few of them - I’ve traveled, I’ve met people, I had fun.. I got home, I got sick, I’ve spent hours resting and doctors found out that it was nothing too serious after all ...and now I'm back to being my usual busy self with millions of crazy thoughts running up and down my mind… Anyways, driving on a bumpy road of life (also considering that I am quite an awful driver, like all the women after all :)) , I have to admit that I am a bit exhausted. There is too much going on in my head. Too many dilemmas, and too little time to think. This kind of stuff always hits me in June. Defense mechanism which holds me back from having highly needed full-time concentrated study period. :) My mind just won't let me study. :)

Maja and I at the train station in Sutomore, Montenegro
Anyhow- on my way home from the library today, I ran into my friend Maja. We chatted casually for a few minutes. Actually she chatted and I whined. After I was done whining over my busy, crazy, turbulent life, she gave me a hug and said: “Smile and think pink.” 
Such a simple sentence really improved my mood (Thanks Maja <3). But (as Carrie Bradshaw :) ) I couldn’t help but wonder- how much enthusiasm do you need to have stashed in your backpockets to see pink in a grey, cloudy day (such as this day today) ? Is there even a person in this world who sees life in pink every single day? And if there is such a person, does that person even know what grey is? Standard story- we need to see the bad to recognize the good. Things could probably be as simple as that. And that is what comforts me when I feel like this. 

I guess, there will be numerous moments in life when I’ll catch myself being completely confused, distracted and unable to trap my thoughts and put them into logical sentences and somehow decide to publicly share my illogical senseless thoughts on this blog…. :P There will surely be numerous moments when you won’t know what to do, what path to choose, what to feel and what to choose...And yet I know, we’ll all get out from that mess and find what we need to find… 

Go with the flow. In the world where one is constantly being forced to organize time and set dates in busy planners, we might have forgotten what being spontaneous means.

What I am trying to say is- It is ok to get lost… I guess. It is okay not to know where you are going as long as you are enjoying the ride. Don’t ask too much. 
There are only a few certain answers in life and most of them revolve around the fact that nothing in life is certain. It is okay to be confused. It means that you have a choice. It means that you are yet to find all your ways. 
We should all stop rushing to get to some crazy checkpoint we deliberately created in our minds as some kind of artificial indicator of our personal success....Our greatest achievements aren't hidden at those checkpoints. 
Started watching Japanese cartoons. Disney does not provide me with enough of them. ;)
I doubt that this blog post makes any sense. But still, I hope you'll find something useful in it...:) If there is anything useful at all :)



No comments:

Post a Comment