Friday, June 15, 2012

Rights and wrongs


It is not rare that the things for which we thought were unquestionably good turn out to be bad and vice versa.  So, I was wondering, how does it happen that our own perceptions can make us look like idiots? Or is it our mind that twists the perceptions on purpose just to satisfy its own needs (of which existence we sometimes aren’t even aware of) ?

I find it really annoying when people start criticizing me for being “too blind to see the obvious reality” or for being "unable to recognize what's right and what's wrong" (no matter what situation it is). Come on! Sometimes I feel that there is no such thing as  a distinction between wrongs and rights; what we define as good and bad depends merely on how we choose to see things that we are surrounded by. There is no such thing as definite reality and definite truth. Somehow, I am learning to be deaf to these lame categorizations … One cannot exclude himself from the picture that he's observing- so whoever tells you that there is such thing as an “objective approach/ point of view” is talking in oxymorons. If something is an approach or point of view- it is with no further doubt necessarily subjective.
If you actually come to think about the definitions of truth or reality and look up for their definitions online- you'll find that there are many. Even the definitions aren't definite.

So- who are we to label and judge others? Who are we to judge whether someone's wrong or right
My wrongs are sometimes someone’s rights; your rights can be my wrongs. Wrongs and rights differ from one culture to another, from one life philosophy to another; from one point in time to another... Bottom line- wrongs and rights are different for different persons, in different times, in different surroundings...

My advice in this post to all of those who have not given up reading by this paragraph :) is: DO NOT ASK FOR ADVICES and DO NOT GIVE ADVICES J All the answers are in yourself. Think with your own head.

I know that I’d never take back some of the stupid things I have done. Yes, they all had their price tags and some of them have been quite expensive to pay :), almost too expensive to handle. But they have made me a person I am today. And though I have many things I’d wish to improve, I like the person I am today. J No regrets. 

I doubt that this will be an eye opening blog post :) But I hope that it will get you to think about these things if you haven't been thinking about them before.... :) 
Do not judge people for their actions so quickly. Try to understand them. Understanding and acceptance does not have to mean that you are approving of something... You do not have to excuse someone's actions in order to try to understand them. Step out of your box for a while ... Find a potential to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment